Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Hands Off

It's been two months....I know.  I've been super busy - and my new bod is keeping up with me!!!
I'm happy to report that I lasted the entire Girl Scout Cookie season only eating one lemon cookie.
So many cookies booths!


And it didn't even taste that good to me.  I have a very large candy dish in my office full of candy....and I haven't had one piece.  Luckily my coworkers clean out the free food in short order. 
 
Office yummies
 

I've never been good on the dieting front with the "Hands Off" mantra.  I'd keep my greedy fingers off the bad stuff for a while, sure.  But after some time I'd dive into chips, candy, soda, cookies, cupcakes, cakes.  And I mean DIVE.  I had no portion control.  NONE.  One cookie to me was ludicrious.  I'd eat the whole box.  A box a day sometimes.  A serving of 15 chips?  Try to keep me away for the entire bag.  That was how I ate before WLS.  I was a glutton.  It wasn't because I wanted to...not even close.  The guilt that crept in after was as huge as I was getting.  I was ashamed and humiliated that I was ruled by food.  I didn't want to be that way, I tried over and over again to stop.  I was addicted to huge portions of food.  Why?  Because for some reason - my brain didn't have that switch that told me I was full.  Until it was too late and I was sick to my stomach. 

WLS created that switch for me and I thank God everyday that I had the courage and means to do it.  LOML and I work hard for our money and pride ourselves in the fact that we are capable of working at jobs that provide medical insurance.  We pay into it - but without my insurance - this would never have even been a possibility. 

Now, my body knows before I'm full that I should stop.  Now my body tells me...."um that isn't good for you and now I'm going to make you feel like shit so you won't be tempted to try it again."  I have tested it a couple times.  I can tell you the things that will make me feel bad and I stay away from them.  Is it hard?  Yes.  Is it worth it?  Aboslutely. 

82 pounds gone is the answer to that.  I'm happy and it shows.

Happy, Happy




2 comments:

  1. I'm more than happy for you and know that it does take lots of courage! Love you honey!

    ReplyDelete